SmartGPS Eco is the most commonly used method for Magellan Roadmate Update. It is a dedicated online platform for managing the health and performance of your Magellan GPS gadgets. However, the first time users have to create a Magellan account and Register their device.
You can easily get Magellan Roadmate Update by simply connecting it up to any computer with an internet connection. Therefore, consider the following pre-requisites before performing the updates.
- Your computer must have a high-speed internet connection, preferably a broadband connection with a LAN cable. Furthermore, make sure that you must have a strong, reliable and uninterrupted connection.
- Moreover, your device must be registered on “SmartGPS Eco”.
- In addition to that, you must have a Magellan Account for registering your device and receiving updates.
- Above all, make sure that your GPS device is completely charged. You can even connect it to a charger to avoid any chance of interruptions during the process.
How To Perform Magellan Roadmate Update Through “SmartGPS Eco”?
- First of all, open your preferred internet browser on your computer. For instance, you may have Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.
- After that, go to the official website of SmartGPS Eco. For that, type in “SmartGPS.com” in your browser’s address bar. You will get the address bar at the top of the page.
- Then, press the enter key from your keyboard.
- Next, you should log in to your Magellan account. For this, you must have an account. In case, if you don’t have an account, then create your Magellan account. In order to log in to your account, enter the email address associated with the Magellan account. Thereafter, type in the corresponding password. Finally, click on the “Sign In” button.
- Then, detach your Roadmate GPS unit from your vehicle.
- Thereafter, you should turn it on by pressing the “Power” button. Along with that, connect it to a charger or power source.
- Afterward, you should connect the device to your computer. For this, you should use the USB cable provided along with the device.
- As a result, “SmartGPS Eco” will automatically recognize your device if it is registered. Then, if it is not registered it will prompt you to register your device. Hence, follow the on-screen instructions for a simple registration process. It will prompt you to provide certain basic details.
- Once it registers and recognizes your device, then, proceed for Magellan Roadmate Update. For this, you need to click on the “Update” tab in your account portal.
- Consequently, it will display a list of all the devices linked with this account on your screen. Hence, select the device that you wish to update. In other words, you should select the device connected to your computer.
- Now, you will get a list of all the available updates including both the software and map updates. Hence, click on the “Update” tab for initiating the Magellan Roadmate Update process.
- As a result, it will automatically download and install the available updates on your gadget.
- Once it completes installing the Magellan Roadmate Update, click on the “Ok” tab.
- Thereafter, it will prompt you to disconnect your device. Hence, disconnect the same.
- At last, lost your device will automatically restart.
Hence, this completes the Magellan Roadmate Update procedure successfully.