How to do Magellan Roadmate Update Online?
Magellan Roadmate Update - Update Your Magellan Roadmate Maps and Software on Your Device using the Magellan Roadmate. Update Your Magellan Maps Here.
Magellan Roadmate Update
Recent technological advancements have open new doors to unexplored territories for human society. One of the most fascinating advancement is the evolution of global positioning systems (GPS). It is intrinsically linked to modern life. Besides, it has found use in almost every aspect. In fact, its use can be safely regarded as human's second nature. Since it synchronises seamlessly with other technologies. Therefore, it has become invaluable in our ever-growing world. It is no secret that manufacturers worldwide have jumped into the race of exploiting this innovative technology. One such award-winning leader is Magellan Navigation GPS. This pioneering company extends its expertise for consumers in the form of its extensive range of best in class, affordable GPS devices. For instance, the Roadmate series. However, in order to fully utilize the potential of these amazing products, Magellan Roadmate Update is an essential activity.
What is Magellan Roadmate?
Magellan Roadmate is the latest addition under the umbrella of globally reputed GPS technology specialist known as Magellan GPS. It is an innovative, cutting edge series of smart GPS navigation devices. This series of auto navigation devices integrates the best in class GPS based navigation experience with fully functional pre-installed maps. Advanced and sophisticated features that ensure safety and security to its users are its highlights. This valuable tool is relatively simple to operate and manage. In fact, all this makes it a perfect and reliable all-in-one navigation solution for delightful driving experience and uncompromised accuracy.
How To Recieve Magellan Roadmate Update?
Despite all this, it still has a drawback just like other technologies. It is useless without pin-point accuracy and unrelenting reliability. In other words, it depends on regular updates for providing its world-class performance.
Although, Magellan Roadmate Update is a quick, convenient and easy process. However, users may still encounter various issues on account of petty details that are often ignored. As such, it is crucial to consider a couple of details that can ensure smooth and hassle-free Magellan Roadmate Update.
- Magellan Roadmate Update requires you to download software and maps that can be massive in terms of size. Therefore, it implies that a strong, high-speed internet connection is essential. Hence, you must have a high-speed internet connection, preferably a broadband connection with a LAN cable. Moreover, the network must be strong, reliable and consistent for the entire length of the process.
- Additionally, in case if you are a first-time user trying to receive the updates. Then, first, you should register your device at the application, website or directly through Wifi. This is a simple one-time process that hardly takes a few minutes.
- Besides that, you will need your Magellan account for registering and receiving updates. Therefore, create your account in case if you don't have one.
- Above all, you must completely charge your gadget. Besides, you can also connect it to a charger to avoid any chance of interruptions during the process.
How to Create Your Magellan Account?
Through Magellan Site
- To begin with, you should open your preferred internet browser. For this, look at your system tray i.e. the bottom left-hand side of your screen for the browser icon. Now, click on the icon to open the browser.
- Then, go to the official website of Magellan. In other words, type in www.magellangps.com in the browser's address bar. Thereafter, press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- As a result, it will take you to the Home page of the website. Here, look at the top right-hand side for "Login / Register" link. Then, click on it to open the account login page.
- Now, you should look at the right-hand section of this window for the "Create An Account" tab. Then, click on it to open the account creation page.
- Thereafter, it will prompt you to provide certain basic details. For instance, your complete name, email address and password for this account. Hence, fill in the details accurately.
- Thereafter, click on Register to create the account.
- This completes the account creation process for Magellan Roadmate Update.
Through SmartGPS Eco
Alternatively, you can go to Smart GPS Eco to create your account in a much more convenient way. For this, follow the instructions provided below to avoid any confusion.
- First and foremost, open your preferred internet browser.
- Then, type in www.SmartGPSEco.com in the browser's address bar. Thereafter, press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- As a result, it will take you to the Smart GPS Eco website.
- Here, you should look for the "Sign Up" link. You can find it in the bottom right-hand section. It will be listed right next to the "Sign In" tab. Now, click on the "Sign Up" link to open the account creation page.
- The next window will prompt you to provide certain basic details. For instance, your complete name, email address and password for the account. Besides, it will have a drop-down menu box to select your country of residence. Hence, carefully enter all the relevant details and select your country from the drop-down box.
- Finally, click on "Sign Up" to complete the account creation process.
Magellan GPS Update
Magellan Roadmate Update is available through the following three methods, namely through Wifi, SmartGPS Eco, and Content Manager. In order to select the best method, you should refer to the model number of your device. Every model uses a different method to receive updates.
Irrespective of the method available for Magellan Roadmate Update, it is an extremely user-friendly process. You can follow the below-mentioned steps for flawless and hassle-free updates.
You can get Magellan Roadmate Update directly on your device through a Wifi connection. In other words, certain devices receive updates directly from the Magellan server when connected to a Wifi connection. However, this is possible only for registered devices.
You can undertake this simple, easy and quick method for Magellan Roadmate Update by following the instructions provided below.
It consists of two stages, namely, Initial Setup or Product Registration and Updates (Download and Installation).
Initial Setup or Product Registration
- First and foremost, dismantle your Roadmate GPS unit from your vehicle.
- Then, you should turn it on by pressing the "Power" button.
- Thereafter, you should connect your device to a strong and stable Wifi network.
- Subsequently, you should log in to your Magellan account. Here, you should remember that it is the same account that must have created on its official website. However, in case if you haven't created your account yet. Then, first, you should create an account. This can be done easily on the Magellan official site or the SmartGPS Eco website. Thereafter, log in to your account.
- As a result, the device will register itself automatically. Hence, you must wait for the same while ensuring the device stays connected to the Wifi network.
- At last, it will notify once the registration and set-up process completes successfully.
Updates (Download and Installation)
- Once you have finished the Setup/ Registration process, you can proceed for Magellan Roadmate Update.
- First and foremost, you should go to the Map screen of your device. For this, click on the "Menu" icon at the bottom right-hand corner. Then, click on the Maps section from the next window.
- Here, you should click on the "Settings" icon.
- Consequently, the next window will display a notification in case of any available updates. Hence, click on the "Updates" tab beside the available updates.
- Thereafter, it will expand to show the details of the updates. Here, you will see both the Map and Software update. Therefore, click on the "Update" tab for the one that you wish to download. In other words, you can receive both the updates through the same procedure.
- Now, your device will download the available updates. Then, they will be automatically installed.
- Meanwhile, you must ensure that your device stays connected to the Wifi network throughout the process.
- At last, your device will automatically restart once it completes the updates.
Through SmartGPS Eco
SmartGPS Eco is a multi-purpose online platform available for the users of Magellan Roadmate products. This dedicated website assists users in maintaining their sophisticated gadgets for optimum performance. You can register your device, keep it updated with latest maps and software, update POIs, plan and share your trips etc. within seconds. In short, it gives you single-point access to manage and control your device with few clicks of a mouse.
You can easily complete the Magellan Roadmate Update by following the below-mentioned instructions.
- To begin with, open your preferred browser on your computer.
- Then, you should go to www.SmartGPSEco.com.
- Now, you should log in to your Magellan account. Here, you must remember to log in to the same account that you created on the Magellan site or the Smart GPS Eco. However, in case if you haven't created your account yet. Then, you should create your account first. Thereafter, log in to the account.
- Next, you should turn on your GPS gadget and connect it to a charger.
- Thereafter, you should connect the device to your computer. For this, you should use the USB cable provided along with the device.
- Consequently, the website will recognize your device in case if it is registered. On the contrary, it will prompt you to register the device if it isn't registered. As such, follow on-screen prompts to register your device first.
- Subsequently, you will get the "Update" tab on your account. Hence, click on it.
- As a result, you will get a list of all the devices linked with this account. Hence, select the device that you wish to update. In other words, select the one connected to your computer.
- Thereafter, it will prompt you to download the available updates including both the software and map updates. Hence, click on the Update tab for Magellan Roadmate Update.
- As such, it will download the updates and automatically install on your gadget.
- Once the installation is complete, it will notify you the same. Hence, click on "OK".
- As such, it will prompt you to disconnect your device. Hence, disconnect the same.
- At last, your device will automatically restart.
Through Content Manager
Magellan Content Manager is a user-friendly management console that gives you complete control and flexibility over your GPS devices. This intuitive desktop application facilitates a lot of functions. You can access stored locations, register your devices, keep the device up-to-date and a lot more with simple clicks of a mouse. Besides, it connects your GPS device with the Magellan servers for fast and easy operations. Moreover, this ultimate all-in-one companion works with both Windows and Mac computers.
To begin with, turn on your GPS device. Then, connect it to a charger. Simultaneously, turn on your computer. Then, connect it to a stable internet connection.
Thereafter, connect the device to your computer. For this, you should use the USB cable that comes with the device. In other words, plug in one end of the cable into the device and the other into your computer.
Then, click on the "Start" menu icon. For this, look at the bottom left corner of your computer's screen. Now, place your cursor on "All Programs". This will expand a list of all the available programs on your computer. Here, you should click on the "Magellan" folder. Thereafter, select "Magellan Content Manager". This will open the application to install your updates.
However, you must remember that it will show the application only in case if you have already installed it. Alternatively, you should install it first for Magellan Roadmate Update.
- Open your browser and go to the official Magellan website.
- Under the downloads section, you will find it for both Windows and Mac OS.
- Thereafter, click on the Download button to download the file.
- Next, open the downloaded file and "Run it.
- Subsequently, follow on-screen instructions to proceed.
- Finally, Install the application and close the Installer.
Consequently, it will open the "Main" window of Content Manager. Here, you should look at the top right-hand corner of the window for the "Update" icon. Now, click on this blue icon. As a result, the utility will automatically check the available updates for your device. Additionally, it will also display the size of the update.
Finally, click on the "OK" button to initiate the download for available updates. As such, it will download the updates and automatically install them to your device.
Once the process finishes, it will notify you. Hence, click on "OK" to complete the Magellan Roadmate Update. Thereafter, disconnect your device when prompted. At last, wait while your device restarts itself.
The above set of instructions guide you through the Magellan Roadmate Update. Another key point to remember is that these updates are available through three different methods to suit different models of Roadmate. In other words, your model number will decide which method will work for you. Therefore, keep your device up-to-date to experience the best performance of your device.